Coconut Flour Pita Bread Recipe

A low carb coconut flour flat bread that works with either a sweet or savoury filling.   It is very flexible so can be rolled up and used in recipes such as enchiladas.   Or a quick low carb pizza base too.   I enjoy it as a bread with dips or filled with cheese and coleslaw.

This is an old recipe of my mine that I thought that I would revisit and update. It's rather scary how old it is and how long I have overlooked it too. So many recipes, not enough time!

-

It is difficult for me to put this coconut flour flatbread into a category as they can be slightly sweet due to the coconut flour, but are versatile enough to be used as a savory flat bread.

Coconut Flour Psyllium Flatbread

They do have a delicate coconut taste, so if you want to use them as a sandwich wrap use a filling that would compliment the coconut flavour, perhaps some shredded chicken, lemon mayonnaise and lettuce? You decide, you're the one eating it, not me. I recently had mine with some Roasted Red Pepper dip - very tasty!

The mixture of this coconut flour flatbread is fairly thick so you will need to spread it over the frying pan with a spatula as you pour it in. Be quick, be nimble and try your best to get a circle! Or be creative and quickly make a shape. If it ends up a strange shape, just confidently snap that's what I was planning to do. I do it all the time in an assertive manner and am never questioned! Smother it with melted cheese and no-one will question you...

If you are making mayonnaise or ice cream and wondering what to do with the remaining egg whites rather than a boring egg white omelette, then whip a batch of these coconut flour flatbreads. Alternatively, if you are wondering what to do with the left over egg yolks after making this recipe you have a few options. Lemon curd is always a delicious option. Or a coconut dessert!

Minute Keto + Low Carb Flatbread

Serving: 1 flatbread Calories: 60 kcal Carbohydrates: 4 g Protein: 5 g Fat: 3 g Fiber: 2 g Net Carbohydrates: 2 g

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.OkThis coconut flour naan is so easy to make and calls for just three ingredients! It’s a multi-purpose flatbread that you can use as a tortilla, wrap, crepe, sandwich bread – you name it. My recipe is paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, AND nut-free. This tastes just as good as my famous paleo naan.

Coconut

I’m sure you’ve all heard or hopefully tried my 3 ingredient naan recipeby now. It went viral years ago and is still one of my most popular recipes. Well, ladies and gents, there is a new naan in town, and this naan is made with coconut flour!

Coconut Flour Tortillas (easy!)

Believe it or not, but I actually like this coconut flour naan even more than my popular almond flour naan – it surprisingly tastes the same and is super easy to make. It’s also really affordable since it calls for coconut flour rather than almond flour.

Coconut flour is great because it’s high in fiber, protein, and healthy fat. I know coconut flour has a reputation for being “dry” in bread or baked goods, but that’s not the case at all in this naan recipe. If you’ve ever tried my paleo naan before then, you can expect very similar results when using this recipe. Trust me – it tastes good.

-

Those of you with my paleo Indian ebook are likely already familiar with this recipe. Tomorrow (June 9, 2018) marks the 3rd anniversary of my ebook,

Easy Soft Flatbread Recipe (no Yeast)

And this recipe is in my “basics” chapter. I wanted to share it on the blog with you as a thank you.

It’s hard for me to believe I wrote my SAP ebook three years ago. Many have asked why I wrote this as an ebook and not as a paperback. The truth is that publishers initially rejected my concept – no one thought a paleo Indian book would “sell well” (in fact, they told me Indian food books, in general, did not sell well, which is untrue). I knew they were wrong because so many of you asked for this type of book, so I decided to self-publish. I spent countless hours working away to create the perfect paleo Indian ebook with recipes for things I wasn’t even initially sure I could paleoify: naan, roti, gulab jamun, jalebi, ras malai, pakoras, chaat, samosas, etc. Name a popular Indian recipe, and chances are, it’s in my ebook. You helped make my eBook a success and made my time worth it. I really can’t thank you enough.

Coconut

I hope you love this new “paleo naan” 😉 I think you’ll like it even better than my old paleo naan. If you’ve tried both, I’d love for you to leave a comment letting us know which naan you prefer! I really want to know, and I’m sure others do too!

Ingredient Almond Flour Tortillas (v, Gf, Oil Free)| Powerhungry®

I came up with this recipe after getting many requests from blog readers asking me to make my paleo naan with coconut flour instead of almond flour. This nut free recipe is very similar to my paleo naan – in fact, I think I like this one better!

Serving: 1 naan Calories: 146 kcal Carbohydrates: 14 g Protein: 2 g Fat: 10 g Saturated Fat: 9 g Sodium: 404 mg Potassium: 105 mg Fiber: 3 g Sugar: 2 g Vitamin C: 1 mg Calcium: 6 mg Iron: 1 mg

Herb

Hi, I’m Ashley. Thanks for being here! I truly believe that food brings us closer together. Gather around a table with good food and good people, and you’ll have the ingredients you need to create some happy memories. My hope is that you find recipes here that you can’t wait to share with family and friends.

Coconut Flour Bread Recipe And Nutrition