Cheesecake Factory Bread Recipe Bread Machine

Now you can make the Cheesecake Factory’s delicious Honey Wheat Brown Bread right at home! Perfectly soft and mildly sweet, this copycat recipe is one that you’ll make over and over! Step-by-step tutorial with pictures included!

If you’ve ever been to the Cheesecake Factory, you know that they bring out baskets of this Honey Wheat Brown Bread before your order arrives.

Copycat

Today I’m going to show you step-by-step how to make this delicious brown bread at home so you can satisfy your craving any time!

Cheesecake Factory Bread

If you don’t have molasses on hand, you can find it at any grocery store close to the sugar and corn syrup.

First, you’ll make the dough. If you have a stand mixer with a dough hook (like a Kitchen Aid), that would be perfect. Otherwise, you can do it the old-fashioned way and mix it by hand 🙂

Then you’ll cover it and let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size. This depends on the warmth of your kitchen, but it could take from 1-2 hours for this first rise.

Cheesecake Factory Bread Recipe (copycat)

Here’s a quick tip: If you’re short on time and REALLY need this dough (or almost any type of bread dough) to rise faster, here’s what you do:

Place a clean kitchen towel over the bowl (make sure you use a glass or metal bowl) and put it in the oven. Do not cover the bowl with plastic wrap. It will melt.

Now just leave your covered dough in the oven for about half an hour. The warm oven will help it rise much faster!

Cheesecake Factory's 'brown Bread' Coming To Grocery Stores

You can easily use your bread machine to whip together the dough for this sweet brown bread. Then once the dough is made, take it out and form it into loaves as explained in the next section.

To use your bread maker, add the ingredients in the following order. You’ll add all the wet ingredients first, then the dry ingredients, ending with the yeast on top.

Punch the dough down and put it on a floured surface, like a cutting board. Press it lightly into a disk shape, and then cut into four equal pieces. You’ll form each piece into a brown bread baguette.

Honey Wheat Molasses Bread

Repeat this process one or two more times. Each time you do it, the loaf will get longer. When your loaf is 6 inches long, that’s the perfect length.

Set the small loaves on a parchment-lined baking sheet. If you don’t have any parchment paper, then lightly grease the baking sheet. I set mine on at an angle so I could fit all four loaves on one pan.

Now it’s time to score each loaf so that they don’t crack while baking. Just take a sharp knife and make about four diagonal slashes on each loaf.

Molasses Brown Bread Recipe (video)

Now, for the optional decorations! The oatmeal! Lightly brush each loaf with water, then sprinkle some rolled oats on top. (If you don’t use water, the oatmeal won’t stick).

-

Now lightly place some plastic wrap over the top and allow the loaves to rise in a warm spot for about 30 minutes. (Room temperature is usually fine, unless your house temperature is below 70 degrees F.)

Cool on a wire rack for at least ten minutes before slicing. I know it’s hard to wait, but you don’t want to squish the bread 🙂

Brown Bread Recipe Cheesecake Factory

This famous brown bread is a fantastic substitute for dinner rolls, makes delicious sandwich bread, and pairs well with my Easy Pork Roast and Creamy Lemon Chicken. It’s the perfect recipe to get that Cheesecake Factory signature taste and break away from standard white bread.

Store at room temperature in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag for up to two days. After that, place it in the refrigerator to slow aging and the formation of mold (if the bread lasts that long!)

If you don’t plan on eating all four loaves right away, allow the loaves to cool completely. Then place them in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag and freeze for up to six months.

Whole Wheat Bread For The Bread Machine Recipe

To thaw, remove from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature inside their sealed container for several hours. If condensation has formed, turn the bread over several times while thawing for even redistribution of the moisture.

Ten percent of the net proceeds of this blog are donated to Operation Underground Railroad, a brave organization that saves children around the world from trafficking. To learn more and to donate, please visit ourrescue.org.If you’ve ever eaten there, you know; the Cheesecake Factory brown bread is everyone’s favourite. Delivered to the tables warm with little packets of butter, the five of us always fight over who gets the last slice while we wait for more to come. For years I just knew that I liked it, and didn’t even bother thinking about why. It wasn’t until I started trying to make it at home that I realized I liked it because of all the layers of flavour. And it just tastes damn amazing!

-

Molasses, honey, cocoa, espresso, whole wheat. The ingredient list made me scratch my head a few times while working on this one, but in the end, once I got it right, everything somehow made perfect sense. You’re going to have to trust me.

The Cheesecake Factory's Brown Bread Is Avaliable To Buy Online

I’ve been making this Cheesecake Factory brown bread almost monthly for 2 years now. You can see my first post about it here. The kids call it chocolate bread, but I just call it my favourite. I could eat all 6 loafs by myself. I don’t let myself, but I totally could.

I’ve learned a few things making this so many times. Like, even though all that research in the beginning told me they added a caramel colouring to their dough, that’s a step we don’t need to take. It looks great without it. You also don’t NEED to add the cornmeal to the bottom, or the oats to the top. Those just make it look so much nicer though, so I keep doing it. I’ll leave that step up to you.

I’m sure you could also make two big loaves, instead of the six smaller ones, but I like the little ones. I like to pretend that eating 10 little slices is WAY better for you then 3 or four big ones. I also like to pretend I’m Pink in the shower. We do what we have to to get by.

Amazon.com: The Cheesecake Factory

I’m not going to lie to you. My Cheesecake Factory brown bread isn’t the quickest, or the easiest bread to make. If you’re nervous about making bread (I only say this because I was), I’ve got a three step process for you to build up your confidence. Before I started making my own bread regularly I was terrified about screwing it up. I promise it’s not nearly as difficult as you may worry it is.

Start off with this one, my crusty, rustic, no-knead bread. It’s a super easy no-knead bread that you mix together with a wooden spoon in a big bowl. No mixer and no fancy shaping either. It’s what everyone calls “Artisan” bread.

After that, give my dinner rolls a shot. This gets you using the mixer, and learning how to shape rolls. This dough is super easy to work with, and once you make these, you’ll feel like a bread making god. At least I did.

Copycat

Bread Machine Bread

Time to make my Cheesecake Factory brown bread. Don’t think that you can’t make this if you’ve never made any other bread. You totally can! Just don’t treat the dough too preciously. It’s just dough. It’s just bread. You’ve got this.

Trust your gut when you’re making it, even if you haven’t made bread before. If you think that the dough is too sticky to handle, add a little more flour to the mixer. If you think it’s way too dry, just add a little bit of water (like a teaspoon at a time). You’ll find lots of extra information at the bottom of my recipe to help you out here.

And most importantly – don’t forget the butter for it when it’s warm out of the oven! We usually have a couple of extra loaves left over. When they’re completely cool, wrap them up in plastic wrap, or put them in a zip-lock bag, and enjoy them the next night!

My First Loaf Ever! Steakhouse Brown Bread. Apparently This Tastes Like The Famous Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread.

With the flour - Some days I find that I need to use more flour (probably depending on the weather, or how packed my cups are). the key is to have the dough feel tacky, but NOT sticky - none of it should stick to your fingers when you give it a squeeze.

Use your fingertips to pat the dough into a rectangle, about 4 across. Fold the top 1/3 down, like a letter, and press the seam into the dough with your fingertips. You'll see that you're creating some friction at the top, this is good!

Here's a great video that shows this. Skip to the 1:15 mark for the shaping to start. Note that she's making true mini baguettes, that are more than double the size of these, so she needs to do a lot more folds. These loafs

Sweet Brown Bread (cheesecake Factory Copycat)