Potato Bread Recipe No Knead

Potato Bread– This is one of the easiest potato sandwich bread you’ll ever make because it’s beginner-friendly, it requires minimal effort, and it comes together in about 2 hours. So soft, so fluffy, so good!

A simple enriched flour and potato dough that never fails to yield soft, pillowy bread with a lightly sweet taste and fluffy texture. These loaves are ready for sandwiches, buttery toast, and grilled cheese!

NO

Welcome to my journey to making the best no-knead bread with professional results! – The art of baking bread has been what I’ve been doing for over 6 years. However, I started exploring the no-knead bread recipes about four years ago, and since then, I have successfully created no-knead sandwich bread, no-knead bread rolls, no-knead french bread, no-knead garlic rolls, and now no-knead potato sandwich bread!

No Knead Potato Bread (sandwich Bread)

After my success with the no-knead sandwich bread, I had to give this potato bread a try, with hopes that the outcome would yield a perfect loaf and I’m glad it did!

The no-knead sandwich bread ended up being my base; then, I took the liberty of making a few adjustments. Hence, the birth of this potato bread!

Bread-making can be intimidating, especially for beginners, but you will walk into the kitchen churning out this bakery-quality bread with this recipe.

Overnight No Knead Bread

This no-knead potato bread recipe is straightforward. It requires no fancy ingredients or complicated steps. It also tastes fresher and more flavorful than grocery store potato rolls.

This recipe yields two loaves, but you can divide the recipe in two if you want one loaf. Although, I recommend making the two loaves because it disappears quickly.

Also, I always like to have a frozen loaf in my freezer for lazy days when I don’t feel like making breakfast.

Large No Knead Loaf

That said, this bread is very indulgent, and if care is not taken, you will end up demolishing a whole loaf when it comes out of the oven, like we sometimes do, because who can resist fresh warm bread with butter!

-

Potato bread is quite different from other bread types because of the addition of potatoes. This makes the bread fluffier, softer, and richer.

The secret ingredient in potato bread is POTATOES! I love to use russet potatoes because they have a high starch content, which helps with the bread’s structure, rise, and texture.

No Knead Artisan Bread Recipe (in A Dutch Oven)

Start by boiling the potatoesand mash them until they become smooth. I love to mash with the butter while the potatoes are still very hot. It helps to give a creamier texture. If the potatoes are mashed without the butter, the steam will escape, and you might end up with dry and unevenly blended mashed potatoes. Lumpy potatoes are a no-no!

Next, add the eggs, milk, and yeast. Mix well and set aside. It’s important to allow the mashed potatoes to cool to a lukewarm temperature before adding the eggs, milk, and yeast. This will prevent the eggs from cooking and will also prevent the yeast from dying.

-

Rise, shape, rise: Leave the dough to rise in a warm place until it’s doubled in bulk. Then, divide into two, shape, and place in the baking pan.

Whole Wheat No Knead Bread With Sweet Potatoes

Wrap the cooled bread thoroughly in plastic. Be sure there is no moisture before wrapping the bread and leave in a cool, dry place.

For more extended storage, you can freeze for up to two months. It will still be okay to eat even after two months but the flavor will not be well pronounced again.

This is one of the easiest potato sandwich bread you’ll ever make because it’s beginner-friendly, requires minimal effort, and comes together in about 2 hours. So soft, so fluffy, so good!

-

The Easiest Cheddar Potato Bread

Calories: 1599 kcal | Carbohydrates: 268.8 g | Protein: 51 g | Fat: 34 g | Saturated Fat: 17 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8.5 g | Trans Fat: 0.7 g | Cholesterol: 234.4 mg | Sodium: 1548.9 mg | Potassium: 951.8 mg | Fiber: 9.3 g | Sugar: 36.1 g | Vitamin A: 1136 IU | Vitamin C: 18.2 mg | Calcium: 347 mg | Iron: 3.8 mg

Can you make your soft potato bread in a bread maker? I want to make it for my husband who has no gluten issues. Thanks

Lola, I am gluten intolerant and was wondering if I can make your potato bread with gluten free flour - exchange 1 to 1 with flour? it is hard to find a good soft gluten free bread. your help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Rustic Potato Bread

Hi Sharon, I'm not too sure if this recipe will work with gluten free flour however, I will be testing it soon. Please be on the lookout because I will post it as a new recipe once I perfect the recipe.

Homemade

This looks so yummy & easy. I want to make dinner rolls; do you suggest any changes in process? will this make 2 9x13 pans-full, or is the dough firm enough to use a sheet pan? thanks for posting.

Has anyone used a Pullman pan for this? It’s 13x4 inches. I don’t know if I should halve it and try that or wing it buy looks.

Easy Peasy (spelt) Potato Bread