Banana Bread Recipes No Flour

I promise I’m not going all gluten-free on y’all over here, but my mom recentlyeliminated gluten from her diet to see if she has an allergy to it that might be causing some skin irritations, which inspired me tocreatea few more flourless baked goods, like this flourless banana bread recipe, that I can bake for people who don’t or can’t eat gluten.I’ll probably never go gluten-free myself unless I have to for medical reasons, but if I had to, I know I’d survive. There are so many great recipes and products out there that allow you to enjoy baked goodieseven if you can’t have gluten. But I can’t imagine a life without glutenous breads, cookies, donuts, etc.! 😉

So it got me thinking, what are some classics that need to be reinvented so that those who don’t eat gluten can still enjoy them? Banana bread came to mind. It’s a breakfast favorite! This gluten-free banana bread recipe is also dairy-free, which can be another tricky ingredient for sensitive digestive systems. I don’t use almonds (or almond flour), walnuts, or pecans in my recipe, either, so no worries for those with nut allergies. And with no added salt, it’s low in sodium, too. And still, it’s incredibly delicious!

Flourless

I kept this recipe so simple that anyone can successfully bake it and so healthy you’d never believe it by how great it still tastes. Just 5 ingredients! And ones that you probably always have on hand: oatmeal, bananas, eggs, maple syrup and baking soda. That’s it, y’all! No white or brown sugar, baking powder, specialty gluten-free flour flours or coconut oil. And, in case simplicity is your thing, skip the bowl and the whisk. With this recipe, there’s no need to stir. You just blend all of the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together in your blender, pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake.

Moist & Fluffy Oat Flour Banana Bread

CLICK HERE for all of my flourless quick bread recipes. They’re all easily made in the blender with minimal ingredients and you’d never believe they don’t have any flour, butter, oil or granulated sugar in them.

Add all ingredients to a blender, in the order listed, and blend until smooth and well combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. (Garnish the top of the batter with thinly sliced banana, if desired) Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Let loaf cool completely in loaf pan. Store bread in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. That’s it!

Easy Banana Bread

It’s one of those recipes I can bake amidst the craziness of a weekday morning and we can enjoy it warm right out of the oven before rushing out the door for the day. It’s also great the next day and the next as the sugars in the bananas continue to release and make the bread even more moist and sweet. Yum! Yum!

I LOVE the texture of this loaf! It’s super moist yet still has a hearty oatytexture from the ground oats. Maple syrup and ripe bananasact as the sweeteners and are one of my favorite flavor combos. Have you ever dipped banana slices in a little maple syrup as a snack?! So delicioso!

You’ll fall in love with how easy this loaf is to bake and how great you can feel about eating it often for breakfast or a snack. I have the recipe memorized to where I can actually have it in the ovenbefore my coffee even finishes brewing in the morning. That’s my kind of recipe, y’all! Hope you enjoy it too!

Best Banana Bread

If you love this recipe, you’ll also love my 4-Ingredient Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Flourless Chocolate Banana Bread, Healthy Flourless Apple Bread, Healthy Flourless Pumpkin Bread.

Ingredient

If you make my 5-Ingredient Flourless Banana Bread, be sure to snap a picture and share it with me or tag me on Instagram @so I can see.

Oven temperatures vary so just make sure you test it with a toothpick to make sure it’s baked all the way through. Mine usually takes right at 30 minutes, but others have said theirs takes closer to 40-45 minutes.

Flourless Banana Bread

Try not to over-blend the batter as this will cause the oats to warm and start cooking into oatmeal which will prevent the loaf from baking with a bread-like texture.

Maegan is the author of the best-selling Beautiful Boards and its next-level follow-up, Spectacular Spreads. She started blogging in 2012 and has over 700 original recipes on The BakerMama. She truly enjoys sharing her easy, family-friendly recipes, creative meal ideas, food board creations, and entertaining spreads to encourage others to get in the kitchen and make something memorable for their loved ones to enjoy together. Learn MoreThis Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is made with NO flour, butter, or oil, but so soft, tender, and flavourful that you’d never be able to tell! It’s gluten-free, low in refined sugar, and whipped up in the blender in 5 minutes flat!

Flourless

), when I realized that 90% of my clothes were either black or dark gray. No joke – a solid 90%. I do havea tiny little section in the back corner devoted to my neglectedpinks, corals, and whites, but I honestly can’t even remember the last time I reached for them… and judging by the comments I get about “needing to add more colour to [my] wardrobe because [I’m] not goth or attending a funeral, ” it’s probably safe to saythat no one else can remember either.

Healthy 3 Ingredient Flourless Banana Bread Bars

What can I say? I lovedark colours and monochromaticwardrobes… and it has nothing to do with wanting to portray a certain mood or image. I love them because they’re simple; and apparently I’m not alone on that.

Goes with everything else. You don’t have to spendtime thinking about what you’re going to wear tomorrow because you basically have one signature look. And you don’t have to worry about sorting your laundry either?Some might call it boring, but it actually frees up a lot of time and mental energy that you can redirect towards something else.

Don’t get me wrong.I’m definitely not saying that people who love fashion and colourful wardrobes are wasting their time – I think it’s awesome to be passionate about things. Fashion has just never been

Healthy

Banana Bread Recipe (with Video)

), so being able to remove 90% ofthe decisions associated with it is beautifully freeing, especially when it means that I canredirectthat extra energy towardsthe work that I adore… like sharing healthy and delicious recipes.

In all seriousness, though, my approach to recipes is like my approach to my wardrobe– I like to keep thingssimple. That’s whythe majority of my recipes use pretty basicingredients, and also why so many of them can be made in the blender— thisflourless chocolate chip banana bread included.

I meant what I said about everyone needing a good banana bread recipe in their arsenal, andif you love them super moist, perfectly sweet, healthy enough to eat for breakfast, and decadent enough to enjoy for dessert, then this recipe may very well become your go-to.

Banana Bread Recipe (eggless, Vegan & Whole Wheat)

It’s made with NOflour, oil, or butter, but so soft and tender that you’d never be able to tell. There’s also a really minimal amount of refined sugar, no dairy, no gluten, aaaaaand… plenty of tastiness? Sorry, it’s late and I’m kind of running on empty here. The point is! it’s healthy, it’s delicious, and it’s super simple to make. Wins all around!

-

I’d love to know if you make this recipe! Leave a comment and rating down below to let me know what you think, and subscribe to our mailing list to receive new recipes in your inbox!

* Feel free to sub this with any nut butter you have on hand, or use a soy nut butter to make it nut-free. I do recommend using a no-stir store-bought variety, however, since the natural oils can alter the texture. ** You can sub this with brown sugar. *** If you don’t own a high-speed blender or food processor, you can mix this by hand by subbing the rolled oats with a heaping 1/2 cup of oat flour.

Vegan Banana Bread