Zucchini Bread Recipe Gluten Free Goddess

I am of the firm belief that the idea of zucchini is much better than the reality. That one can gently press a small seed, no bigger than a fingernail, an inch into the garden soil and get such a enormous, blossoming, fruiting vine is nothing but a small miracle. But after the first half-dozen or so, my eyes glaze over and I shudder at the thought of another month of zucchini everything, just to use it up.

It happens every year, this zucchini fatigue, and yet we persist in planting the seeds in our garden beds. Or at least I do. I know I’m not alone in this, because every August 8th, there is a holiday devoted to dumping your zucchini on your neighbor’s porch, anonymously and preferably in the dark of night.

-

So what do I do with my abundant harvest of this squash (and what can you do with the zucchini that could make an appearance on your porch sometime later this week)? I make ratatouille, I make a stir fry, I turn them into fritters, I shred it and put it into risotto (along with some blossoms), I thinly slice it and serve it raw dressed with only a light lemon vinaigrette, but best of all (at least for the kids) I make tender and spicy loaves of zucchini bread.

Gluten Free Zucchini Bread

The last time I made it, the bread needed to be not only gluten-free, but dairy free, because it was a gift for a friend. A simple internet search landed me on the Gluten-Free Goddess’ site, and my recipe is adapted from hers. I used mini loaf pans and wrapped the breads in parchment paper tied together with bakers’ twine.

The gluten-free zucchini bread is spicy, tender and studded with chunks of chopped walnut. It is fantastic toasted and spread with butter (or dairy-free butterish spread). And it freezes well too, but I doubt you’ll have any left over at all.Sharing a favorite summer recipe here on Gluten-Free Goddess-- a cinnamon laced tea bread made with garden fresh zucchini. You'll love it. And so will everyone else. I also jotted down some batter and baking tips for ya. See below.

Here's my all-time favorite baking pan for gluten-free breads. It's a lovely glazed ceramic pan that creates steady, even heating for gluten-free batters. In other words, it's as foolproof as you can get. Find it here at Amazon: Good Cook 9-Inch Ceramic Loaf Pan. Make sure your batter isn't cold when you put it into the oven. If you keep your flours in the fridge, for instance, this will cool down your batter quite a bit. If you find your batter is cooler than room temperature, allow the batter to rest in the pan near the pre-heating stove and let it come to room temperature before you place the bread pan in the oven to bake (I also do this with cakes sometimes). The first time I tried making gluten-free zucchini bread I did not press the moisture out of the shredded zucchini and my loaf was a tad gummy in the middle from too much moisture. So pat those zucchini strands dry, Campers. If you find your tea breads and cakes turning out gummy, or falling after baking, you may want to take your oven's temperature- some ovens never quite reach the proper temperature. You can combat this by baking longer, or upping the temp a bit. If the oven temp is not the issue, then start adding a tablespoon or two less liquid to your batters (you may live in a humid climate and your flours may be absorbing moisture; too much moisture can make for a gummy product). Happy baking! Karina xo

Egg Free Gluten Free Zucchini Bread (vegan + Dairy Free)

Recipe posted August 2010 by Karina Allrich. You can make this lovely gluten-free zucchini bread with or without eggs. And it's dairy-free. Its delicate flavor comes from a secret ingredient. Coconut milk.

Preheat your oven to 350ºF. (Y'all know about checking the oven's temperature, now, right?) Line the bottom of a 9-inch loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper. Lightly oil it.

Ingredients: 1 rounded cup of fresh, grated zucchini (I partially peel my zukes, in stripes) 1 cup sorghum flour or GF oat flour 1/2 cup tapioca starch (or tapioca flour) or sweet rice flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt 2 teaspoons cinnamon 1 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup light olive oil or coconut oil 2 free-range organic egg whites, beaten or egg replacer (1/4 cup liquid) 1/4 cup coconut milk 1 teaspoon fresh lemon or orange juice 1 tablespoon bourbon vanilla Option: 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipe From A Girl Defloured

Instructions: Press the grated zucchini with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as you can. After pressing, fluff with a fork (I learned this tip from 101 Cookbooks). Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, sea salt, and cinnamon. Add in the brown sugar.

Add the oil, lemon juice, egg whites or egg replacer, and the coconut milk. Beat to combine and continue to beat on medium high until the batter is smooth- about two minutes.

Gluten

The Best Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipe

Add in almost all of the shredded zucchini (I save out a few shreds to decorate the top of the loaf) and stir by hand to combine. If you are adding nuts, stir them in to distribute.

Bake in the center of a preheated oven until the top is golden and firm, yet gives a bit when lightly touched. It should feel slightly springy. This may take anywhere from 50 to 60 minutes. It took 55 minutes for my zucchini bread to bake. Test with a thin sharp knife or a wooden pick- either should emerge with no crumbs or batter.

All images & content are copyright protected, all rights reserved. Please do not use our images or content without prior permission. Thank you. Note:

Irresistibly Moist Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipe (gf)

I'm now using less brown rice and brown rice flour, and eating fewer rice cakes, etc. Here's why- there is elevated arsenic in rice.The best gluten-free zucchini bread yet! This loaf is perfectly moist and tender, with a subtle sweetness, warm spices, grated zucchini, and perfect flavor!

We're getting to the tail end of summer and I don't know about you, but I'm trying to squeeze in every ounce of this gorgeous season as possible. As much sunshine, as much outside time and as much fresh produce as I can possibly get my hands on.

-

One of my favorite seasonal items is zucchini. Hands down! I eat it a million different ways (check out our fave vegan zucchini recipes for some inspo), but one of my favorite

Best Zucchini Bread (moist & Perfectly Spiced!)

This gluten-free zucchini bread is truly something special. The warm aroma of cinnamon wafts through the air as it bakes. The subtle sweetness from the coconut sugar is the just-right combination with the light and summery zucchini. But the texture of this bread makes it a home run. A perfectly moist, soft and tender bread, that melts in your mouth with every bite.

Did you know that zucchini is 95% water? That means if you don't prep it properly (i.e. remove some of that water before baking), it can leave you with a big soggy mess.

The best way to get water our of zucchini is to press it in a clean dishtowel. To do this, simply grate your zucchini using whatever method you like best. Then transfer the grated zucchini to a clean dishtowel, fold the dishtowel around the zucchini and press out the water by wringing the towel out.

Zucchini Bread Recipe

Does that make sense? If not, check out my Healthy Zucchini Recipes video on YouTube – I show you how to do it!

Gluten

This particular gluten-free zucchini bread is actually an old recipe that I revamped. The previous one was measured in grams and used some strange(ish) ingredients. I decided to take that recipe and give it a little rejig!

Okay so real talk for a minute… I actually don't love eating things like zucchini bread or pumpkin bread plain. Is that weird? I feel like most people could just eat a slice and by happy, but me? I've got to doctor it UP!

Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipe

It's honestly the BEST combo in the entire world and makes the bread a bit heftier (i.e. more breakfast-worthy). Afterall, if we're baking a delicious bread like this, don't we want it to double qualify as a healthy breakfast? I sure do!

The best gluten-free zucchini bread yet! This loaf is perfectly moist and tender, with a subtle sweetness, warm spices, and perfect flavor!

Serving: 1 slice | Calories: 201 kcal | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Protein: 4 g | Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Cholesterol: 27 mg | Sodium: 146 mg | Potassium: 132 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 10 g | Vitamin A: 60 IU | Vitamin C: 2 mg | Calcium: 43 mg | Iron: 1 mg

-

Easy Zucchini Bread