Low Carb Soda Bread Recipe

You are here: Home / Course / Sides / Breads / Keto Irish Soda Bread (Nut Free, Low Carb, Sugar-Free, HOW TO VIDEO)

This Keto Irish Soda Bread is amazing in texture and is nut free, low carb, grain free and gluten free bread recipe! Just 5 grams of net carbs per serving!

Irish

Traditional Irish Soda bread got it's name because it's a simple quick bread that doesn't need yeast to make the bread rise like traditional bread and instead uses baking soda in the recipe for leavening.

Keto Irish Soda Bread: Easy Low Carb Version Recipe

If you love to celebrate for St. Paddy's Day but are on a keto or low carb diet and wonder how you can adapt, I have got the best low-carb version of Irish Soda Bread around!

Here's the thing about making a nut free, grain free Keto Irish soda bread: It willnot be identical to traditional, but it will still be a delicious bread. If you can get passed the fact it will be different in texture, you will love this recipe.

But the big deal about having a child with tree nut allergies is, I can't use low carb flours like almond flour. If you prefer an almond flour Irish soda bread I am sure there are plenty available recipes online, but very few are like what I am share often, nut free bread recipes. I use sunflower seed flour instead. Problem with that?

Irish Soda Bread Recipe

If I were to use a leavening agent like baking soda with sunflower seed flour, it will turn my bread green because of the natural chlorophyll in the seeds. That would certainly be unappetizing. I could have tried coconut flour as well but it is quite dense and requires lots of eggs and liquids.

As I'm writing this post this morning a few days before I will actually post, it is my daughters birthday. She is 12. I am in shock. Where has my baby girl gone? No more with princesses and dolls, onto One Direction and texting on an iPod. I'm totally not ready for what this year will bring as we ease into her teen years.

But I try each day to remember we all grow up. Whether I like change or not, it is inevitable and I need to relax. How does one relax when you're that Type A kind of personality?

World's Best No Yeast Bread

One who has schedules, sticks to them, manages a house of 6 and is alwayskind of uptight. I'm not ashamed to say it, I just am. I wish I wasn't. My hubby thank God is the more relaxed one. He's thego with the flow kind of man. He balances me out and I need him for sure.

So as we venture into unknown territory with our not so little girl anymore, we hope and pray these years won't be as hard as so many parents who have gone before us have graciously shared their horror stories.

When a child is difficult and trying it can certainly cause the peace in the home to be evaporated and energy as a parent is quite honestly, zapped.

Soda Bread Recipe With Honey & Sesame — Eatwell101

Just like trying a recipe multiple times with failures. Energy might be zapped, but determination is on fire like a race car at the starting line. It fuels me when I fail.

As I continue to be determined in making low-carb recipes that are sugar free and gluten-free and many that are also a keto-friendly recipe, I will continue to have grace towards my pre-teen daughter. I am determined to be grateful for this precious child God has given us and thank God for her every day no matter what the future brings!

Keto

Cast iron skillet- The one I used is 8 inches. It makes for a perfect round loaf. You can use this cast iron skillet for a bunch of other keto recipes like my Deep Dish Cauliflower Pizza and my Keto Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Pie.

Keto Bread Recipe

Food Processor- This works wonderfully to chop nuts and seeds finely, making this nut free keto bread perfect in texture with little effort on your part.

To see the exact measurements, print this recipe and view the nutritional information, scroll to the bottom of this blog post to view the recipe card.

With a sharp knife, score an x in the middle top of the bread and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.

Irish Soda Bread In Loaf Pan

Serving: 1 serving | Calories: 198 kcal | Carbohydrates: 7 g | Protein: 7 g | Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0.1 g | Cholesterol: 32 mg | Sodium: 126 mg | Potassium: 235 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 1 g | Vitamin A: 109 IU | Vitamin C: 0.5 mg | Calcium: 52 mg | Iron: 1 mgThere are plenty of styles of bread to choose from, but I thought for this recipe I would try to find something a little more flavorful. Traditional soda bread was one of my favorites growing up as it was rich and offered a unique taste. So, I figured, why can’t we have a Keto soda bread recipe?

Soda bread comes from Irish cuisine but has quickly spread to other parts of the world. The name comes from the idea that it uses baking soda as a leavening agent (the stuff that makes bread rise) instead of yeast.

Low

The denser bread is an ideal accompaniment to many meals. However, it is best for holding together when dipped in sauces, soups, and especially stews. It is also a quick bread, which means it doesn’t require all of those extra steps to make more traditional loaves.

Irish Soda Bread

One thing amateur bakers struggle with is making a loaf of bread to the perfect doneness. Nobody wants a burnt loaf, or worse, an uncooked center. Professional bakers are attuned to many things that impact their products. Anything from a finicky oven to the elevation of your city can alter the amount of time a bread needs to be cooked for.

While knowing these things will help you to decipher the perfect cooking time, you don’t have to do all of the homework. The timeframe that is offered with the recipe directions will give you a general idea. The appearance of the crust should also be a good indicator of the doneness. And, picking up the loaf and giving it a tap on the bottom should offer a hollow sound. This would indicate that it is cooked fully through.

Louise co-founded Louise's Foods, Paleo Living Magazine, Nourishing Brands, & CoBionic. She has considerable research experience but enjoys creating products and articles that help move people just a little bit closer toward a healthy life they love.I LOVE Irish soda bread. I make it at least once a year, always around St. Patrick’s Day, and I love to slather its crumbliness in good Irish butter like Kerry Gold. It’s got a lovely crumb and had a perfect mild sweetness. This year, however — kiss me, I’m low carb, and my dreams of yummy soda bread slices for St. Paddy’s Day were seemingly dashed. But then I remembered the miracle of almond flour.

Best Low Carb 3 Seed Bread (copycat

I adapted my original soda bread recipe to utilize almond flour for a lower carb version suitable for keto and gluten-free diets. I was honestly pretty shocked at how close in taste this was to the original. If you’re NOT living the low carb life, you can use this recipe instead (with this Guinness dipping sauce!), but if you’re gluten-free or low carb, this one is a dynamo.

I did include raisins/currants in this recipe but actually had none on hand, so I omitted them. I totally recommend including them, though, since they add only a minimal amount of sugar and carbs and make it

-

I ended up pretty psyched that I didn’t have to skip my favorite March dish (outside of birthday desserts — it’s my birthday month!). I’ll be definitely pairing this with some corned beef and cabbage this weekend on St. Paddy’s Day.

Easy No Yeast Irish Soda Bread

Sign up to receive recipes via email and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Bloglovin, and RSS for all of the latest updates.

If you make this recipe, follow me on Instagram, share a photo, and tag it #. I’d love to see what you’re cooking!

Catherine Clark is a Chicago native sharing noteworthy things she sees and attempts to make in the world. She's a geek, cat lady, designer and editor by day, and noob chef by night.Welcome to my blog. I create and share Allergen Free and Special Diet recipes (Paleo/Keto/Vegerarian and Vegan) to provide delicious options so no one is ever left out! Food is happiness and you’ll find a lot of that here! <3

Cheese, Oat & Spring Onion Soda Bread Recipe

Hang on to your seats friends! This recipe is going to knock your socks off. If you’re familiar with traditional Irish soda bread, you are going to be blown away with how good this recipe is. For those of you who aren’t familiar with it, Irish soda bread is essentially a BIG Biscuit loaded with butter and caraway seeds. At least my version is. :)

I have had many versions of Irish

-