Monkey Bread Recipe With Cream Cheese Frosting

Fluffy dough coated in cinnamon-sugar and drizzled with a cream cheese icing - you’ll be getting major cinnamon bun vibes with this dessert! The difference is it’s super easy and uses just a few ingredients (including pre-made biscuit dough), making it a great option for camping or a quick last minute dessert!

Well, if it ain’t my sweet tooth making it’s presence known again. I feel like half my recipe ideas lately have been some form of sweet snack or dessert. And honestly, I got nothing wrong with it. I have always looooved baking and love enjoying a yummy, sweet something after a meal or as a snack. So in saying that, here is another easy, fun and delicious camping dessert!

-

I used my Omnia Oven for this recipe but you could easily use a Dutch oven over the campfire as well (or bake in your household oven).

Apple Fritter Monkey Bread

So, naturally, I asked my trusty friend Google. Google says that the term “monkey” bread comes from the idea that it’s a finger food and then you pick it apart like a monkey would.

I mean, seems to make sense to me. And it’s kinda a funny picture in my head so I’m sticking with the term. If you feel that is offending to you, you can call it Pull-apart Bread instead.

No really, it’s SUPER easy. By using store-bought biscuit dough, you really just need a few other ingredients and you’re good to go! All you need is:

Cinnamon

Cinnamon Almond Dark Chocolate Monkey Bread With Cream Cheese Drizzle Recipe

The Omnia is a portable oven that uses heat from a camp stove or other heat source to bake foods much like a normal household oven would. If you can cook or bake it in a normal oven, you most likely can bake it in an Omnia!

The oven itself is simple, lightweight, easy to use and seriously versatile! You can buy different accessories to go along with the oven, like the silicone insert and thermometer seen in the photos (I would HIGHLY recommend getting the silicone insert as it prevents the food from sticking and makes cleaning up a breeze!).

-

What I absolutely love about an Omnia is that you don’t need a campfire or coals to cook your food. Up until now, I have mostly been using cast iron over the campfire to bake things like cinnamon buns, nachos, or skillets, which I love, but cast iron is heavy and hard to pack if you’re limited on space and weight.

Homemade Monkey Bread (recipe + Video)

Also, if you are in an area where there’s a fire ban but still want to enjoy your baked lasagna, fresh bread, or yummy cinnamon buns, an Omnia is your new best friend! As long as you have a camp stove, you’re good to go!

Guest

Hi! I’m Carlin, welcome to Camp Kitchen! I am passionate about cooking tasty recipes to be enjoyed in the outdoors. I’m glad you’re here, take a look around!

Also, if you are in an area where there’s a fire ban but still want to enjoy your baked lasagna, fresh bread, or yummy cinnamon buns, an Omnia is your new best friend! As long as you have a camp stove, you’re good to go!

Guest

Hi! I’m Carlin, welcome to Camp Kitchen! I am passionate about cooking tasty recipes to be enjoyed in the outdoors. I’m glad you’re here, take a look around!