Bread Recipe Using Coconut Oil

If you’re like me, you’re in an endless, torrid love affair with carbs. Sorry NOT sorry. Particularly if those carbs come in the form of banana bread. And even more so if that banana bread comes with chocolate chips.

I love banana bread and always have. And even though I, along with the rest of the world, am eating “cleaner” than I was three weeks ago, I know myself well enough to know that cutting out all carbs is not an option for me. It doesn’t work. I always find a way to get them into my facehole.

Banana

SO! I compromise. I swap out refined sugar for maple syrup, butter for coconut oil, and load this batter up with super foods like hemp and flax!

Healthy Banana Bread With Coconut Oil

I very much debated sharing this recipe with all of you because, really, who needs ANOTHER banana bread recipe?! No one. EXCEPT! This is a winnnnnnnerrrrr. And I knew that I HAD to share it with you guys. It is my favorite homemade banana bread to date, and I make A LOT of banana bread, so that’s really saying something.

I made this for “real life” (aka, not blog food) the first time a few weeks ago, and I’ve since made it three more times. We cannot get enough! Kieran loves the banana and chocolate flavor, and I love that he’s eating something secretly healthy.

This bread is heavy on the banana flavor, loaded with a caramely sweetness from the maple syrup, and has the most amazing texture from the coconut oil. Baking with coconut oil is a fun experiment every time for me, and this time, it resulted in a fluffy and moist (sorry! no other word will work) inside with a slightly crispy outside. Like, the outside of this banana bread has some serious texture going on.

Almond Flour Bread

Now, if you’re really looking to amp up the health factor even more, feel free to swap out the all-purpose flour for whatever alternative flour you prefer. Often times, I make a simple switch to whole wheat pastry flour in baked goods like this. It’s a 1:1 kind of swap, which makes my math-challenged brain happy. But, by all means, get crazy with the flours here. Go gluten free. Or add in some other whole grain flours, like spelt or buckwheat. Heck, even some oats would be nice here.A while back, a reader suggested I try using coconut oil instead of butter in my favorite banana bread recipe. I was a bit hesitant, but so glad I switched out coconut oil for butter because the result was

W O W! Sometimes a fat substitution = less flavor, or inferior flavor, or a less than desirable texture. Not so with coconut oil.

Opinions differ on the benefits of coconut oil, but most critics agree coconut oil is better for your body than butter. If it’s better for you, and taste is not compromised, I’m in.

Coconut Flour Banana Bread

To line the pans with parchment, I place the paper on a counter, then place the pan on top of the paper. Trace around the bottom of the pan with a pen, then cut out the shape and place in the bottom of the pan. I usually double or triple the paper and cut several out at one time. You may also purchase pre cut liners in a baking supply store. I always recommend using a liner so the bread does not stick to the bottom of the pan. I also always grease with spray oil the bottom and sides of the pan to insure the bread does not stick.

For the best banana bread, the bananas should be very ripe. I use bananas that have black skins and are so soft, they can easily be mashed with a fork in a small bowl. If the bananas are extremely ripe, and you are using a stand mixer, the bananas may be added whole and will easily break up with the use of a paddle attachment.

Remember, do not over mix the bread. If the mixer is set on a high setting, air will be mixed into the batter and the bread will have a light texture, instead of a dense texture, which is desired in a quick bread.

-

Banana Bread With Coconut Oil

If you have an abundance of bananas and no time to make banana bread: Peel the whole, ripe bananas. Place the whole bananas in a ziplock bag. Freeze until ready to use. When ready to use, thaw on counter, or place in microwave for a few minutes or until softened and thawed. Drain any water off of thawed bananas before using.I know, I know. It seems like the blogosphere has been full of pumpkin recipes since Hobby Lobby started rolling out their Christmas decorations this past July. But, as much as I’m a believer that pumpkin should be enjoyed year-round, I have to say that I’m one of those people who really looks forward to the tradition of fall baking in the fall. And now that the calendar has flipped to October, and the weather is cooling off, and the leaves are starting to turn, it finally feels like 

So to celebrate, I thought it was about dang time I post a pumpkin bread recipe here on the blog! But of course, this isn’t just any pumpkin bread. For something a little different this year, I decided to try making 

Pumpkin bread…and I’m so glad I did! You can barely taste that coconut, but I love the subtle sweetness it lends to the bread. It’s also quick and easy to make, it’s (yes, I’m going to say the “m-word”)

Low Carb Bread (almond Flour Bread)

. I was debating whether to take a classic recipe and give it a browned butter or coconut oil twist. But after polling you on Facebook, coconut oil came out as the winner because — lest I forget — the world is seriously digging all things coconut oil right now.

(Note: that’s obviously not at all what’s pictured, but I couldn’t help but buy a bunch of these mini pumpkins for decor last week, and think they’re much cuter than a can of pumpkin.)

Coconut

Mix up a simple batter that’s made with two kinds of sugar, lots of spices, and a handful of other ingredients you probably have in your pantry.

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread With Coconut Oil

Then pour the batter into a bread pan, and bake it up until it is cooked all the way through. You’re probably going to need to use a toothpick to test this one.

I find this bread so flavorful that it doesn’t even need a pat of butter, but you can serve it up however sounds good. You know, with a side of mini pumpkins if desired.

This Coconut Oil Pumpkin Bread recipe is simple to make in one bowl, and it is perfectly spiced and made with coconut oil.

Gluten Free Coconut Flour Bread Recipe

*If you do not have white whole wheat flour, you can just include 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour, instead of doing part white whole wheat and part all-purpose.Coconut oil is a very handy ingredient to use in recipes if you have someone who is lactose intolerant or dairy free in your house.A natural, plant-based source of saturated fat, coconut oil adds flavor, while creating a richer but lighter baked good. The oil is actually solid at room temperature; when used in place of butter, it should be kept solid, and when swapping in for an oil, the coconut oil needs to be melted.

-

This quick bread is a great use of overripe bananas and can include chocolate chips for a sweeter treat if you like. Quick and easy to put together, it's a perfect recipe for getting the kids involved, from mashing the bananas to measuring the ingredients to mixing up the batter. Serve along with breakfast, as a snack, or even dessert.

Do you already have a go-to banana bread recipe? If the answer is No then this is for you. If the answer is Yes then this will be your new go-to. This bread is delicious! My family devoured it in one afternoon. It tastes great, is moist and flavorful, and bakes up beautifully. —Carrie Parente

Best Ever Coconut Flour Banana Bread

*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2, 000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.

I don't like this at all. It's not the worst. Sure, this will do. I'm a fan—would recommend. Amazing! I love it! Thanks for your rating!

We and our 1609 partners store and/or access information on a device, such as unique IDs in cookies to process personal data. You may accept or manage your choices by clicking below, including your right to object where legitimate interest is used, or at any time in the privacy policy page. These choices will be signaled to our partners and will not affect browsing data.

Healthier

Chocolate Chunk Coconut Banana Bread.

Store and/or access information on a device. Use limited data to select advertising. Create profiles for personalised advertising. Use profiles to select personalised advertising. Create profiles to personalise content. Use profiles to select personalised content. Measure advertising performance. Measure content performance. Understand audiences through statistics or combinations of data from different sources.